Re: Bairnsdale train users meet with Minister

In article <5l2X5.1409$Vu1.30298@ozemail.com.au>, I am a member of the
Bairnsdale
> Save Our Train Action Group, although I didn't go to the meeting I
spoke to
> one of our representatives who did. Peter Batchelor will make an
> announcement on the actual progress of the process of returning the
train to
> Bairnsdale. NOT an announcement on the actual return of the service.
We have
> been told that the train might not return until soon before the next
state
> election so it can be used as a vote winner for Craig Ingram (Member
for
> Gippsland East). The ALP knows that they themselves will never win
the seat
> of East Gippsland so they want to keep Craig Ingram in office.
>
> Nicholas J. Hurley
> Bairnsdale VIC

There was a thread here about the condition of rail track between Sale-
Bairnsdale. This section needs a lot of work before passenger trains
can return at reasonable speed. Also a bridge in this section needs a
few millon $ to repair.  You won't see passenger train come back very
soon. Same fate with Mildura line....(on top of that SG conversion
proposal)

Not sure how Ararat/Cobram and Leogatha line are doing?

--
Cheers

Railway Rasputin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/