Re: Australian railway songs

In article <3a2c9ec2@news.iprolink.co.nz>,
  David McLoughlin <davemcl@NO***damned***SPAMiprolink.co.nz> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> New Zealanders are such losers <SNIP>

The only reason God created New Zealanders was so that Tasmanians would
have someone to laugh at.

Oh, I suppose we should be grateful for the cast-off locos they've sent
across to Tassie though.

Getting back on topic, I recall that Patsy Adam-Smith in her book
"Folklore of Australian Railways" in the early 70s reproduced the
lyrics of various poems and songs.  One of them was about the end of
steam on the QR, and included a verse describing how the local vicar
had the measels, meaning he couldn't bless the stinking diesels.
Unfortunately the book is archived on the other side of the world in my
parent's house (in Tassie) so I can't provide any more than that.

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.