Re: [Melb] Connex train goes round and round...

Michael A Wolf <mwolf@netspace.net.au> wrote in article
<m3g0k3ia5j.fsf@minastirith.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-shoot-me>
:

>> Never thought of this before, but with the split up of MET trains into
>> two companies, even though no services are normally operated on it
>> does Connex now have custodianship of the City Circle line?  I presume
>> they do by virtue of it being associated with the Clifton Hill loop.

>Pardon what may be a silly question, but what's the City Circle line?
>I assume (since you're talking about Connex and Bayside) that you're
>not talking about the tram line.

It's a line that goes from Flinders Street - Spencer Street - Flagstaff -
Museum^H^H^H^H^H^HMElbourne Central - Parliament - Flinders Street -
Spencer Street - Flagstaff, etc.

It's basically a link between platforms 1, 2 and 3 at Flinders Street to
the City loop, Clifton Hill group tunnel, which enables trains to do a full
circle. Regular running was Jeffed, and replaced by a City Circle tram
service, utilising W class trams (and now A class trams until the W's come
back).

>mike (only been in Melbourne for 17 months or so)

What a hole, eh?

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME