Re: [Melb] Connex train goes round and round...

"Michael A Wolf" <mwolf@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
e...
> Chris Brownbill <cbrnbill@enternet.com.au> writes:
>
> > Never thought of this before, but with the split up of MET trains into
two
> > companies, even though no services are normally operated on it does
> > Connex now have custodianship of the City Circle line?  I presume
> > they do by virtue of it being associated with the Clifton Hill loop.
>
> Pardon what may be a silly question, but what's the City Circle line?
> I assume (since you're talking about Connex and Bayside) that you're
> not talking about the tram line.

Connects Parliament and Flinders Street stations on the Clifton Hill
tunnels. "City Circle" trains used to run a full circle, every 10 minutes or
so, in weekday off-peak hours. It ran from when the loop opened around 1981,
until about 1995. The tram service opened around the same time the train
service closed, but from what I remember seeing, the tram is probably better
patronised. Of course, the train was never targetted at tourists.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au