Re: Harris trains

> I thought they put them on the Port and St. Kilda lines because the Comeng's
> were too wide for these lines, and to stop the commuters on these lines from
> complaining about not receiving air-conditioned stock, etc. they got the
> ghosts.

The Comeng sets built new were too wide for the SYSTEM and extensive
platform cutbacks and junction re-aligning was required for them to fit.
Several places existed where opposing trains would hit if the guards
mirrors were left opened out ( when they had guards, now its the one man
stuff )

The Harris rebuilds were to the same outline as the older cars. Only the
equipment and internal stuff was replaced/renewed.

--
Peter J. Vincent

Website ............ http://www.netspace.net.au/~pjv101/index.htm