OT - Slide film (was: Auzzie.rail catching up.)

Michael wrote:

> If you are considering going into slide film at all. I mostly use Fuji
> Sensia 100. Have found it to be a good cost effective film at $8.95 per
> roll - while it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be, it's colours are far
> better than it's Kodak counterpart, Elite Chrome 100 or whatever they name
> it today. During the darker months, I use a combination of Sensia 200 and
> Sensia 400.

The Elitechrome slides you have seen haven't been processed correctly. I
have found that photo labs tend to process it with a strange blue tone.
If you send it into Kodak the colours are almost identical to the
Fujichrome. My dad took a backlit photo of a V/Line pass N in bright
sunlight on Elitechrome and sent it into Kodak. I took an almost
identical photo at the same location (ie: about 2 feet apart) on
Fujichrome Sensia II 100 and got it processed at Micheals in the city.
There was only a very slight difference, ie: you had to have the two
pictures next to each other to see it. Even so, I could not really
choose between the two as they were so close. The only reason I have
changed to the Fujichrome Sensia 100 is because of Kodak's really crappy
processing. Ie: sometimes there are large scratches right through entire
rolls. :-(

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: