Re: Auzzie.rail catching up.

maikha_l@hotmail.com wrote in <90511f$g88$1@nnrp1.deja.com>:

>mmm...I can see the majority of Pro Phtographers use Agfa. My first
>train shots were with Kodak Max 400 and didn't seem sharp.
>You can view them at:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/microchip_689
>The camera I won't worry about but it's the film I would like to hear
>about.
>Good quality and value film for a Rookie (Have I spelt it correctly?)
>like moir.

If you are considering going into slide film at all. I mostly use Fuji
Sensia 100. Have found it to be a good cost effective film at $8.95 per
roll - while it's not as sharp as I'd like it to be, it's colours are far
better than it's Kodak counterpart, Elite Chrome 100 or whatever they name
it today. During the darker months, I use a combination of Sensia 200 and
Sensia 400.

When I want quality photos, these days I'm using Fuji Velvia (iso 50). It's
one of the sharpest films available these days, colours are extremely
saturated, and there is just something I like about the colour anyway (:

Some examples of each can be seen at:

http://www.gunzel.net/html/feature_adelaide99.html
(Taken mostly on Sensia 100)

http://www.gunzel.net/scans/mudgee
http://www.gunzel.net/scans/kingsgrove
(Both not indexed yet - but both taken on Velvia).

However, as far as print film goes, I only have one preference really, and
it's for very low light conditions (i.e. mid winter). Fuji Press 800.
Fairly cheap per roll (under $10 where I bought it from) but does a very
nice job.

http://www.gunzel.net/connex
(Unindexed yet. All taken on Fuji Press 800).

My personal choice from the start was to exclusively use slide film,
although there have been a few cases I've had to use print film. I have
found slides far easier to store, and beats purchasing a binder to store
all your negs in. As you will notice by the file names, my slides are
indexed by year, roll number and frame number. e.g. S99-092-12 would be
roll 92 of 1999, twelth frame.

Hope this helps.

M.

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Whip ME, Beat ME. "Windows ME".