Re: Harris trains

Not much to say.
For the vast amount of their service life M-T-T-M for offpeak use, with
M-T-BT coupling at the eastern end for peak use.
Occasional oddities: a six-car set at Broadmeadows was either M-T-T-M-BT-M
or M-T-M-BT-T-M.
Pakenham shuttle was M-M.
The Gippsland specials were a four with two threes to make ten.
Eight-car working (two fours) became common on some routes towards the end
of life.
There was more variation in the marshalling of the refurbished sets.
This was covered in a series in RNV a few years ago.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Rob Coventry <bobby@netspace.net.au> wrote in article