Re: OT - Blue Mountains NSW's New Listing

James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message

>> I believe that a country may be restricted on how many
>> places it could nominate (I think that the Barrier Reef is
>> already listed but I could be wrong) at one time. On the
>> news before the decision (29/11), it was stated
>> that if the Blue Mountains missed out this time, next time
>> (next year), the Australians on this commitee were going
>> to nonimate the Opera House.

>> How you could compare the Opera House to the Blue
>> Mountains in Heritage terms is beyond me.

> Ridiculous! I would rather list 3801, Bluebaby of QR, R711
> instead of Opera house.

I don't think R711 has any significance at all.  Overgrown Tea
Kettle.

Waddabout Flemington Racecourse Signalbox, or the entire Bendigo
corridor.  Much more significant. |-)

> << Insert flame here >>

Pathetic Really.

(You asked for it).

--
B.

Email - gunzel412 at dingoblue dot net dot au
ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
Phone - long, long, short, long.