Re: [Melb] Old railway line

Michael Wierzbinski <wizzer1865@NOSPAMoptusnet.com.au> wrote in article
<3a283f81$0$19437$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>:

>"Michael" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
>8FFDFE720gunzelT333@203.164.20.149">news:8FFDFE720gunzelT333@203.164.20.149...
>> smithb@alphalink.com.au (Ben) wrote in
>> <3a27f1a7@news.alphalink.com.au>:
>>
>> >The section to AP (now AMCOR) is still there but is very over grown
>> >and it was disconnected from the mainline earlier in the year.
>>
>> Half of it's been ripped up now :(( About all that's left is the
>> points at both ends, and a small portion of track, and of course the
>> track that goes across the road.
>
>Out of interest, are the push buttons for the signals protecting the
>road crossing still there, if they are I'm wondering if they are
>connected and operable. One way to find out I guess :-)

Didn't take any notice, but I do walk out that way a fair bit so over the
next week I'll keep you posted. I'm also informed that one of the first
things done after a line is booked out of use is to remove fuses / circuit
breakers from level crossings to prevent them from being activated.

M.

--
(To email me just remove ".spam" off my email address).

Whip me, Beat me, just don't Windows ME