Ancient NSW Govt.freight, passenger & Wogan rolling stock Was Re: S trucks? How old r they?

Hi again

I remember reading at the original Power House (the Ultimo tramsheds) that
some early 1855-1860's passenger stock was rescued by a railway employee in
the 1950/60's who on holidays up on the North Coast spotted a couple a
carriages being used as a work train. Some of these are attached to
locomotive number 1 at Ultimo.

The NSWRTM aren't the only ones who like to vandalise early freight stock,
both the ARHS - NSW division and the ILRMS are both guilty of this. There
was up until the mid 1980's an ex Wogan railway 'D' wagon down at Albion
Park (along with the std gauge Hudswell 0-6-0T), the ARHS owners of these
were unable (or didn't want)  to pay for the upkeep of the 'D' wagon so it
went up the chimney  as firewood of the ILRMS narrow gauge locos.  - any
other Wogan rolling stock still around?

I believe that they have off loaded the 0-6-0t to  be "stuffed and mounted"
in front of some railway station on the South Coast.

Chris

"Craig Warton" <craigw@wolf.net.au> wrote in message
967448347.121999@unity.swspn.net.au">news:967448347.121999@unity.swspn.net.au...
> Chris,
>
> There are not actually any 1855 vintage coaches surviving - the ones at
the
> Power house are actually replicas built during the 1930's on some existing
> underframes.
> With reference to surviving stock, Dorrigo have at least a roun cornered S
> wagon, a 16' SS and a compo D wagon. The RTM have two 2' 3" side D wagons
> (medium sided), one still has the original lever brake plus WH gear, while
the
> other has been fitted with the post 1900 stye of brake wheel. I am certain
this
> is a departmental mod and the wagon is not in typical service condition.
The