Re: S trucks? How old r they? WAS: Re: what is in the 's' truck at 3801 ltd?

I assume most of  the "preserved" S trucks sitting and rusting with the
various rail museum groups are of the latter batch, does any group have
earlier S trucks and 19 century freight stock in their collections. 1855 era
passenger stock exists, but does any freight stock exist?

Chris

"Craig Warton" <craigw@wolf.net.au> wrote in message
967290023.26457@unity.swspn.net.au">news:967290023.26457@unity.swspn.net.au...

> Barry Campbell wrote:
>
> > S truck date back, in their final form, to at least the 1930s. ISTR
there
> > may have been timber frame versions that went back to the 19th century.
The