Re: Future of Queensland Rail looks bleak

"Tezza" <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:

> "< Tell >" <telljb@01.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message >
> > Ha Ha Ha,
> >
> > Commonwealth Railways, killed by a Labor Government.
> >
> > Australian National Railways later known as Australian
> > National, killed by a Labor Government.
> >
> > NSW Government railways, known as various names since,
> > soon to be killed by another Labor Government,
> > ...........after the Games of course.
>

> But they won't sell Telstra! They wouldn't would they? I mean, it's not like
> they sold Which Bank or QANTAS now is it?

What are you on about.?

LABOR sold Which Bank and the big Q.

FYI, Telstra might be "part sold" at the moment by the
Conservatives, but Telstra services and prices are
better than ever, its called competition.

I remember when ANR/AN tried to take on road transport
right into NSW by suggesting that they should run
piggyback to Parkes, guess what happened Tezza.?
Wimp "NSW railways" had their own ideas, which is part
of the reason you are are now overun by road transport.

Ever heard of "The Alice" pass train.?  New South
"bloody" Wales insisted on ALL first class, contrary to
the objections of Australian National, ...it died.!
Happily, Great Southern Railway took on the concept
with all classes and it survives.

Labor has no transport strategy as do the Torys, but
that doesnt stop the "angry young men" in this group
from actually thinking and espousing that Labor are
rail friendly.

State Governments have absolutely stuffed the ability
of rail to take on the transport task in Australia.
The sooner they are consigned to running suburban
passenger trains and removed completely from the
national freight task, the better Australia will be.

----Tell
Alice Springs NT
<< Remove 01 for email reply >>