Re: Risky Freight Trains

"Chris" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote in message
8oaij7$h5f$1@perki.connect.com.au">news:8oaij7$h5f$1@perki.connect.com.au...
> Freight Corp/NSW govt. can get rid of the opposition private operators by
> introducing "safety standards". By introducing complex maintenance rules &
> conditions for old diesels where by it will just be too expensive for the
> private operators to run them on govt. tracks.

The standards already exist (as they should), although the resources aren't
available to ensure full compliance, instead relying on a self-management
approach to loco maintainance by operators.

If private operators cannot afford to keep their locos up to a "roadworthy"
condition, they should get (or be forced) out of the industry.

Russ.