Re: Risky Freight Trains

Chris wrote:

> Freight Corp/NSW govt. can get rid of the opposition private operators by
> introducing "safety standards". By introducing complex maintenance rules &
> conditions for old diesels where by it will just be too expensive for the
> private operators to run them on govt. tracks.

Not all of the derailments can be put down to old locos (example Singleton
earlier last week involved Freight Corp's newer 82 class). Not all of the
derailments can be put down to any loco (Hawkesbury River, last week).

While I don't have a breakdown of city V country derailments, I think that a
comparison/breakdown between mainline and branchline or mainline to sidings
and Maintenance Centres would be more meaningful.

Eric.