Re: [QLD] 3'6" siding removed at Salisbury

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 16:15:47 +1000, "MattyQ" <mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au> wrote:
>Because the siding went into the Comeng/EDI plant where the QR 3100 and 3200
>class electric coal locomotives were manufactured. The first part of the
>siding was wired so that the loco's could be put on power BEFORE going on to
>the main line. A shunt tractor was used to push the loco's out to Rocklea
>under the wires.
>Matt Smith

A picture of Pawpaw 1177, specially fitted with auto couplings, hauling Comeng built electric loco
3101 across the road out of Comeng, can be seen on P.76 of "Sunshine Express" magazine July 1986.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://www.welcome.to/petan
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.