Re: [Rumour] No more Metcard Was Re: [Melb] New stickers on Swanston Trams' trams?

Michael Walker wrote:

> There was a rumour on MMMs Buttscuttling this morning from an Alistair
> who claimed to have a friend in one of the transport companies (didn't
> specify which one although I only caught the end so missed out on most
> of the details) that Metcard is on the way out. Despite the name, the
> segment actually isn't too inaccurate, although if the guy wasn't
> making it up, I would suspect that a change is imminent rather than
> removal.
>
> Anybody here heard anything? If you have you will make a lot of people
> happy!

If it is removed, I hope they don't replace it with a system where you
have to buy a new ticket whenever you go from one company to another, or
one form of transport to another. I have to take the bus and the tram to
get to uni. The current system is good where you only have to buy one
ticket for the trip.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: