Re: confusion at Central

Paul McCabe <@> wrote in message
39a70550$0$754$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39a70550$0$754$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > The announcements at St Leonards are supposed to be precisely the same
as
> the
> > Indicators.  Whatever the stopping pattern says on the display is what
> will be
> > announced.
>
> They always do - in this case the 8:17 is scheduled as a Hornsby service,
> but the stopping pattern was altered by station staff to a Gordon train.
> Hence the announcement sais it "goes to Hornsby", but the "stopping at"
> portion said it terminates at Gordon.
>
> In any case, it does not cater for out-of-course running, nor does the
> "countdown to departure" serve any purpose - when late running occurs, it
> goes to 0 mins, then the minutes disappear.

I remember that 1 day in '99 before I made the stupid choice of a holiday in
freezing cold england & the fine (ya joking aren't ya) transport syustem
here I was waiting at Sydenham station after getting of a City via East
Hills train from Minto going onto Hurstville to do some Xmas shopping at
westfields & was waiting on Platform 6 as you do & the old style train
indicators there (had just been changed I think but could be wrong) said the
next train due in 5 mins. Went down to 0 mins then an annoucment that it was
running 10 mins late & the next train to stop would be an interurban to
Dapto. Had a very quick trip to Hurstville non-stop. But that problems been
around before plasma screens & the new stuff

Skippy