Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

In article <39A3F532.CE7B4B28@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> If I was an employer, I would not require anyone in my business to
wear a tie.
> In Fred's case, I would try to find out why he doesn't want to wear
his uniform
> as required, and take his feelings into consideration.  Perhaps he is
allergic
> to the material.

That is a fair enough approach.

However, let's just say your business commissioned a survey of your
clients and their perceptions of the company. This survey found that
customers thought that the appearance of your staff was an important
consideration, at least in terms of their perceptions of
attention-to-detail and pride-of-workmanship. A tie was considered to
help in terms of these perceptions.

As such, you feel that a tie should be part of the uniform.

Fred didn't have an allergy to the material. He just didn't like wearing
a tie.

Regards, DB.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.