Re: VFT Decision?

David Martin (d_martin@mountains.net.au) wrote:
> Maglev is bleeding-edge technology. As far as I know, there is still no
> commercial Maglev line anywhere, certainly not a long one.

There was one at Birmingham airport. It was closed after 11 years because
it was expensive to maintain and unreliable.

Transrapid claim that their test teack is a commercial service because
they carry paying passengers. So does the Disney monorail.

Maglev is a solution looking for a problem. The Japanese maglev is far
more advanced that the German one, but they say they need another 6 years
of development before they would even think about putting it into
commercial service.

Cheers
David