Re: Paint is out - Wrap is in

Deeg wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:00:59 +1000, "HXP1"
> <hxp1@dingoblue.gunzel.net.au> wrote:
>
> >The all-over advertising trams in Melbourne use this process extensively.
>
> Does your all-over advertising include the abomination of vinyl over
> the windows, that you are supposed to be able to see out past but
> which gives approximately the same effect as a year's worth of soot?

Yes indeed.

The most worrying thing about this advertising abomination is not the
ghastly images in the all-over wrap, but the fact that it makes transit
vehicles less safe by the fact nobody outside the tram/bus can see in,
which makes it easier for muggers/robbers to carry out their crimes
without detection.

Over here in Auckland we have buses wrapped like this too. Sure, if you
are inside you can see out, but nobody outside the bus can see in and
thus cannot see if there is a problem in the bus.

I've just been looking at photos of trams in Toronto and Boston with
this kind of wrap and they are just as abominable.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand