Re: Any news on the Mildura Passenger Line?

> IIRC, one of the option for Mildura service return is a 3 times weekly
> night Sprinter service. Imaging sitting in Sprinter for at least 7
> hours in a smaller legroom, smaller seats and not so smooth ride
> OVERNIGHT!! What people of Mildura and towns along the line need is a
> daily service not just a few times weekly.

For starters, I would prefer a sprinter to a bus any day!  ALSO When the
Bairnsdale report was released, NX said something to the effect that
Sprinters are not suited to long distance running, and that the Sale N+N set
would just be extended.  Now whether this is a cop out so that they can save
on running 2 trains or whatever, it seems to make sense.  Why couldn't the
same apply to Mildura - ie. just extend a Loco haulled Service from
Ballarat?

- Steve