Re: Drivers and guards to be sacked.

Richard Hunt wrote:

> In article <399d582d$0$786$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
> tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au (Tezza) wrote:
>
> > Maybe not, but that's the threat. A driver was stood down on Wednesday
> > for
> > wearing the wrong shoes.
>
> Legitimately. I'm asuming that train crew on that service are issued with
> safety boots/shoes (i.e. steel toecaps and non-slip soles), which they are
> required to wear for safety. Not wearing safety shoes endangers the
> employee's own safety, and might get the employer prosecuted by the health
> and safety authorities.

Keep assuming.  I haven't got steel caps (even though I asked for them).
Oredring shoes is an ordeal.  At Central, you have a 90 minute window three days
a week to do all uniform inquiries.  At other depots, it is pure luck if the CAM
just happens to be in the office at the same time as you go there.  They expect
you to go there in your own time too.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au