Re: [Vic] Zs on 86?

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:41:27 +1000, p.edwards@its.unimelb.edu.au (Paul
Edwards) wrote:

>I've noticed that there are a few Zs now doing off peak work on Route 86.
>Back when 86 was my main route (mid-late 90s) you'd only ever see Zs on Big
>Event days where the Bs were taken off elsewhere to ferry around large
>numbers of people. Is this some sort of trickle down effect from the Ws
>being out or something else again?
>
>PE

A few changes have occured over the last few days/weeks

Kew will be getting 4-6 B-Class trams.
Kew have "lost" their Z's (apart for 1)
Southbank have got the Z's from Kew, plus a few from Preston (to run
the new route 112)
Preston have got most of their B's back (which means you will not see
any/many Z's on route 86