Re: [NSW] Help keep our trains clean

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article
<399A8B73.F2C3DEA8@ozemail.com.au>:

>Chris Downs wrote:
>
>> And how much rubbish (other than our own) do members of this newsgroup
>> take of Sydney's trains?  Or do "we" leave it there and complain?  We
>> can all do something to help with this particular problem very easily.
>>  Do it in front of other passengers and you may start a trend.
>
>I always remove that day's newspaper.

I neatly left the today, business, sports and drive sections of The Age
behind today (Keep green guide and news section, as both remained unread
as of the end of my trip). Many times when I run out of time to buy a
paper, or the news stand is closed, I locate a paper that's been left
behind, although usually in a messy state by someone with the intent of
littering rather than providing a 'service' for someone who wants a free
paper (-:

Sometimes on the afternoon/evening train (the few times I get to catch
them), if no-one's already collected the Herald Scum, I do (:

What I can't stand is when people leave food and/or wrappings behind, or
moreso leaving chewing gum behind on the floor or seats.

MK