Re: Outer East PT sidelined: Scoresby Fwy back on agenda

In a good system it could be done with a reasonable level of
convenience. DOn't forget, fixed rail isn't the only way to move people.

For example, you could get a bus up to Ringwood and then the train to
Hawthorn followed by a bus to Alphington. With frequent services and
express trains, and easy transfers from one to the other, it could be
done. Or you could get the train into the city and out again - might
take you an hour. How long does it take to drive at the moment?

Youre probably right to say for that sort of trip the car will be the
mode of choice (though at the height of peak hour PT might start to get
a look in). But there are very few people travelling from Rowville to
Alphington anyway, so it doesn't matter.

Vaughan

> Daniel, I hope you're joking about public transport being a sensible
> option for getting from Rowville to Alphington.
>
> The only way that will happen is for both the Rowville Railway and
> Outer Circle (re)built and sensible co-ordination of services from
Glen
> Waverley/Rowville line and O/C. I expect pigs will fly first given the
> cost of tunnelling under Kew, much as I would dearly love to see it
> happen (and would probably find it useful).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.