Re: QR short of cattle wagons

In article <8n14m1$ruc$1@gruvel.une.edu.au>,
  "Chris Reardon" <creardon@metz.une.edu.au> wrote:
> Sounds good to me.
>
> I know from personal experience that most of the cattlemen of the NSW
north
> coast lament the day that the SRA stopped transporting livestock,
especially
> into the Riverina, which was a popular spot for agistment.
>
> Lets hope that QR or someone sees the oppurtunity and start livestock
> shipping again. Its alot safer to have them on trains and is by far
less
> stressful for the cattle or sheep and those motorists having to share
the
> road with truckies so full of drugs they don't know what they
transporting
> in the first place.
Be careful!!  there are some truckies who are also railfans in this
forum:-)

If QR enter interstate market. I would rather see they carry something
else that is not carry by current operators. Cattle, milk, post are all
carry by trucks at the moment, QR do have room to expand.

--
Cheers

RR3

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/