Photo opportunities in and around Sydney

I'm about to spend two months in Sydney at the behest of my employer;
whilst I'm there I felt I ought to take the opportunity to exercise
the camera a bit in my spare time (and provide some material for a
nascent web site)!

Are there any good locations anyone can recommend for photographing
the railway scene, both current and preserved- and preferably within
easy reach of the public transport networks?

It's probably best if you reply via e-mail; that way it won't waste
bandwidth on the groups.

Regards,

Mike.
--

Mike Izycky
Please remove the .A40C if replying by email. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes.