Re: Best Suburban/interurban train???

"James C." wrote:

> Then you got to try IMU, as far as suburban/interurban trains are
> concerned, IMU ride quality is the best I expereinced(been a newer
> train then "V" also influence),

Also influenced by the fact that it runs on the best aligned track in
Australia.  A V set on similar quality track would ride equally well.

> relatively fast (140kph for the whole
> Gold Coast rail stretch),

The V sets are capable of this, but are limited by track quality.  A number of
runs have been done at 140 km/h, but not in regular service.

> more comofortable seats then most of the
> interurban trains

I disagree there.  The V set seats are far superior to those on the IMUs.

> plus LED passenger information.

Nice, but the V sets, being much older were built before this technology was
available.

Choosing between V sets and IMUs, I feel the V sets would just win.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au