Re: Clyburn ( was Re: [NSW] Pippita)

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:28:28 +1000, Anita Lukaszyk
<neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

><!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">
>While we are on the topic of disused stations, can anyone give me a bit
>of info about Clyburn?&nbsp; I know it was a 'workers only station'.
>on that one. The platform has been removed since its closure. But, you
>can kinda see where it used to be. Its on the LHS. Cant answer your third
>question, sorry.

I vividly remember during my early years in the job (late '70s) we'd
take an old 42 footer set to the Abbatoirs then Lidcombe then Pippita.
At Pippita dozens of Ford workers would get off, and walk straight
across the up line, through a hole in the fence and into the Ford
premises.

I think there was an overbridge but I don't think it went into Ford,
only over to the milk sidings.

The times have a'changed.

paul x is the spam filter