Re: [Vic] State Budge and rail/trams

> This is typical of all the governments, fix up the east and screw the
west.
> I'm sick of this crap, Sydenham needs to be electrified however you
never
> hear anything about it.  As a regular communter i'm sick of only
having one
> train every 1hr, or b/w 1pm & 3pm there are no trains, and the last
train
> leaves the city at 940pm, just great if your going to the footy.
>
> Below is an exact quote from the Bayside website:
> "As part of the privatisation franchise, our service will be extended
from
> St Albans and Sydenham, giving those residents the benefit of
metropolitan
> train services."
>
> This is a joke, thanks alot Bracks.
>
> Extremely pissed off
>
> Andrew
Wow! wow! wow! easy easy! Sydnham electrifrication is NOT going to
build by government, instead the construction will be resposible by
Bayside trains, they will be building this line sometime in the future
possibily finish by 2003 which means the work will be start later this
eyar or early next year as this is the requirement for Bayside train
contract, similar case with Yarra trams' Box Hill extension. The
government announced they are not going to break the contract nor
change rules of the requirement for these private companies therefore
you will see the extension work starts soon. The extension work will
not be fund by the government therefore it will not be in the state
budge.

--
Cheers

James