Re: Dimboola

Thanks to Yuri I spent an evening down at dynon with two friends to seek out
this info ( and to see the 38's ) - talked to one of the victorian drivers who
is a friend. He said a "G" derailed in front of the 38's blocking 'em in - and
causuing chaos for the organisers.

Me hears ( correct me please ) diesals tookt the train back and the 38's
eventually steammed into Melbourne about 8.30pm to Dynon.

My first close look a tthe 38's was last night. 3801 was on the turntable
blowing down, then  reversed into a road. Then 3830 wentr onto the table, turned
and reversed into another road.  4201 - the first I have seen of it then went
onto the turntable.

To break our concentration, 4 "G" all vline colours then passed by on their way
off to earn their keep- quite a powerfull lashup.

4201 was then reversed. 3801 got a drink and coaling was started. 3830 then
moved onto the turntable and blew down, reversing back to park and have a drink.

Nice and peceful, not a lot of people around. Seeing the steam rise all over
Citilink was fun, I hope they  accounted for steam spray !

Later 4201 coupled to 42211 reversed out of the loco with the two water gins etc
and went off.

It turned out to be an interesting night there.

Regards,
David Head