Re: XPT - First or Economy??

You're behind the times again David. Wine is now available at any time
during bar hours on north coast XPT's.
However I agree that the ban on full strength beers is ludicrous and
discriminates against the decent people travelling.
The ban was introduced due to perceived problems with drunk
passengers.
However, most people who become a problem on board NT1 are already
tanked up and by drinking light ales they don't become a problem until
after Maitland when you have to wait until Taree to get police to
attend.
If full strength beer was served this small minority of yobbos would
become a problem prior to Broadmeadow where police are readily
available.
There is rarely a problem on NT3 with drunks but the ban still
applies.