Re: $198 return fare on the Overland

In article <39068095_2@news.chariot.net.au>,
  "Taliesin Walker" <taliesin@chariot.net.au> wrote:
> Currently $198 first class fares are currently being advertised on
Adelaide
> radio. This isn't so much more than an economy airfare, and that is
when the
> airlines are having a sale.
Last time I check airfare=240$ with lousy, cold and stinky food,
unfriendly staffs,tiny chair, no leg room  and bumpy ride:-)

> If these prices, along with lower (similar to bus fares) coach class
fares
> could have been maintained year round on the old Overland timetable
the
> train could really have been a real option for a lot more Adelaide <->
> Melbourne passengers. Oh, well.
>
> Tali
30$ coach fare will be available during off season (not right now)
and more advertisment would help(on TV, movie cinema,newspaper), you
will be amazed many people don't even know Overland exist.
--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/