Re: Ropers Creek Branch.

The whole line is abandoned for through rail services (freight and
passenger).  The first 700m (or so) of the branch are used as the unloading
point for the Rozelle - St Marys sandstone trains.  The first 200m are also
used to terminate suburban and Intercity trains.

No one uses the line now.  Dunheved, Cochrane and Ropes Creek stations all
sit abandoned.  I think the only level of demolition applies to the complete
removal of overhead (except the first 200m) and the removal of the tracks
where a road crossing occurs.

Chris

3903ba21.0@news.topend.com.au">news:3903ba21.0@news.topend.com.au...