Re: "Pendennis Castle"

In article <38FC5D29.CA23548@enet21.com.au>,
  "chris@enet21.com.au" <chris@enet21.com.au> wrote:

> 1.It would be still be in WA running if Rio  had not have painted
itself into a legal
> corner. Go to the Australian legal index and read the Federal Court
judgement.
> 2. How many rail perservation groups get site visits by the board
members of Rio Tinto
> Plc? Did the board members visit other museums?
> 3. Putting Australia aside, was any group (anywhere in the world)
offered the loco on
> the same conditions?
> Where did you get the Bluebell Railway from? I can think of other
rail groups who have
> GWR locos in  their ownership. Anyway, what is your reasoning why
the  Bluebell Rwy
> not being allowed to have GWR locos? shouldn't they decide for
themselves?
> 4. The response I got from the PRHS was that they were reluctant to
see the loco go.

The Bluebell Railway has got an ex-G.W.R. locomotive.

It is a 'Dukegog' Class locomotive, number 3217/9017.  It could be very
lonely there, marooned in a sea of ex-S.R. and ex-B.R. locomotives.
Pendennis Castle would have helped it to regain that G.W.R.
superiority.  :-)

Brett

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.