Re: Stand Clear

I heard one guard (regularly for a while) on the 2202 Sydney - Lithgow
welcome us aboard, tell us the time, the date, maybe the temperature and
once gave us a descrption of a missing person to look out for.

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com
Railway Rasputin II <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
38FBBC6A.D959FADE@fastlink.com.au">news:38FBBC6A.D959FADE@fastlink.com.au...
| Ultra effecient. Never shuts up, often tells stuff that has little or no
| relevence like the weather. Mentions the next station 50 million times.
|
| rgds
|
| Mitch wrote:
| >
| > YEs!! I definitely know this one. Sounds like the guys at Disneyland who
| > operate their railroad but in an aussie style :)
| >
| > At least you can understand him
| >
| > Other guards:
| > * Chirpy: Sounds like a really chirpy 8 year old guy.
| > * She-man: Speaks slowly over the microphone and has real annoying voice
| > * Silent type: Doesn't say anything
| >
| > Any other classifications?
| > "Jonathan Boles" <mousewithglasses@NO.CANNED.HAM.hotmail.com> wrote in
| > message news:01bfa792$63b2f6c0$e06e868b@tom-boles...
| > | I know one who is often on sector three trains. When my train
terminates
| > at
| > | Gordon, he announces it in a very strange way...  "Awl
<loud>AUT</loud>,
| > (long
| > | break) awl change", with rising inflections on 'out' and the second
'all',
| > then
| > | a soft, falling inflection on 'change'. Anyone know him? He speaks in
| > very
| > | flat Aussie accent too
| > |
| > | Mitch <this.is.not.my@email.address.com> wrote in article