Re: Rail group questions use of Cowra to Blayney route

Bruce Greening wrote in message <38FD8B32.4A3C1290@attglobal.net>...

>RAC is currently studying the feasibility of reopening a number of lines,
includding Cowra - Eugowra,
>Grenthorpe - Greenfell, Cootamundra - Tumut and Narrandera - Tocumwal. Also
looking a a portion of Roto -
>Hilston to serve a new cotton gin along the line.
>
>That far sighted enough for you?
>
>--
How far into the Hillston -Roto section is the re opening likely to be and
what standard of re opening is it likely to be?

 IIRC the line was laid in 60lb rail on ash/dirt/no ballast. If it is like
other closed lines the only bits that have been lifted are the junction
points at Roto and the level crossings along the way. Re opening  on this
type of track is pretty useless as a link line. It needs heavier rail and
proper ballast.

If they need an SM at Roto, I am willing to apply as I am experienced in the
job.

Barry Campbell