Re: Dennington, Port Fairy and Hamilton railway

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:49:48 +1000, "Wizzer"
<wizzer1865@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_0044_01BFA980.04B14E20
>

>  Wizzer <wizzer1865@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message =
>38fc24a1$0$27521@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:38fc24a1$0$27521@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>  To all,
>           I was wondering if anyone has any info on the line from =
>Warrnambool to Port Fairy, Hamilton, I visit the area fairly regularly =
>and wonder if there is anything interesting to see of the line from =
>Dennington onwards.

Koroit Station still existed as do parts of Port Fairy when I was
there last - about 2 years ago. Apart from that, those two lines were
devoid of anything interesting. Flat, cold and miserable country it is
too, I've never seen more depressed looking sheep in my life. Lot's of
Irish around, their antics are the only interesting feature of an
otherwise boring countryside.

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose.