Re: Railways missing from the Easter Show

Does anybody know what happened to the two O Gauge layouts that used to be
seen at the Sydney and Newcastle shows.  A relative of mine who worked for
the then NSWGR used to look after the Newcastle layout and I recall him
having some of the models at home for repairs etc.  In fact when he suddenly
dropped dead at age 47 the first thing the NSWGR did after many years of
service was cut off the railway phone at home and demand their models back.
I seem to recall that the Sydney layout was replaced with an HO layout in
latter years.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

8de62n$js8$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8de62n$js8$1@nnrp1.deja.com...