Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

"Jason" <swatch@gmx.de> wrote in message
38f6cb8d$0$27503@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:38f6cb8d$0$27503@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> The cleanliness of the carriages is a problem.The staffs answer is always
> the user,but the user pays and the staff are the servants who are paid to
> produce.The solutions with cleaning are twofold:(1) get more efficient
> security to provide protection of the state assets and (2) get the
cleaning
> done by contracting it out on performance and volume.This should go to any
> other functions from the top to the bottom---then enjoy the difference.

Getting rid of platform vending machines might help here...but I bet there's
some perfectly good explanation from Cityrail's spin doctors telling us why
such an obvious and simple solution isn't possible.