Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:25:54 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Anita Lukaszyk wrote:
>
>> Dan,
>>
>> I think Lithgow is farther away than the 'Castle. I cant really comment about
>> the Mental Coast/'Castle line being more comfy than the mountains line. I
>> have only been on it a few times. The same type of trains travel both lines,
>> so wouldnt they be equal in terms of comfort?
>
>Lithgow - 155.781 km.
>Depart Sydney 00:09, Lithgow 02:59-03:18, Arrive Sydney 06:00.
>
>Newcastle - 168.013
>Depart Sydney 23:17, Newcastle 02:08.  Change trains.
>Depart Newcastle 02:47, Arrive Sydney 05:43
>It is probably the same train, but this is guaranteed.
>
>So, if you go to Newcastle, you may have to wake up in the middle of the night
>and catch another train.  Lithgow, however, allows you to stay on the same train
>all night.  My preference would be Newcastle for comfort, as on the Blue
>Mountains, the altitude and air pressure differences would cause me to wake up
>with severe ear pain.

Always a slight chance a ticket examiner could hoof you out at some
windswept little place like Bell as well, I'd rather be thrown out at
Warnervale than Bell, for instance, especially in winter

paul