Re: Another hint to scrap Metcard?

I once rang the metcard line and was told that its okay to do it but
its entirely up to the inspectors whether they book you or not (in
other somewhat confusing words, youre allowed to do it but might get
booked even though youre not committing an offence).

People have rung the PTUA having been booked for doing this, though.
(NB, if you get booked, do not contact the PTUA, contact your local MP)

Vaughan

http://www.toxiccustard.com/australia/

> "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
> 38F47D0B.7D64ABC2@werple.net.au">news:38F47D0B.7D64ABC2@werple.net.au...
> > It should be quite easy for all machines (even the ones on trams)
to sell
> all
> > ticket types: it was only Kennett government specifications which
nobbled
> this
> > sensible provision.  It is simply a matter of programming the
inbuilt
> chips.
> >
> > I had the same problem going to an outer suburb (zone 2) on top of
my all
> day zone
> > 1 last Saturday.

> day?