Re: Questions, Answers and Tips

Hi Folks

Q) What is your ausrail name?
A) Greg Triplett

Q) What is your A/S/L? (age/sex/location)
A) 51/male/Macedon,Vic

Q) Do you have ICQ and/or a website?
A) No website and I'm not sure what an ICQ is but I'm sure
I'd recognise one
   if I saw it (g).

Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?
A) Pentax 67 x 2 w/lenses 55,75,90,105,150,200,300 mm
   Canon EOS620,EOS630,EOS10QD,EOS5 x 2 w/lenses
50/1.8,28-1-5/3.5,
   28-80/4.5L, 80-200/2,8L,300/4 w/1.4x extender. Attic full
of dumped/set aside    battle damaged bodies and lenses
   But all that crap doesn't matter it what you point the
camera at that counts.

Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?
A) Colour for diesels, B&W for steam ( which is getting a
bit
   thin on the ground so I don't use much B&W anymore )

Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as
SillyRail,
Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in
electric
train areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)

None of the above.

Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?
A) 1/500th of a second and be there.

Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?
A) Since age 14

Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in
Australia?
A) Vic/NSW/Qld/SA/WA/Tas

Q) Have you photographed overseas trains?
A) Yes in New
Zealand,Indonesia,Singapore,Malaysia,Thailand,Vietnam,Hongkong,China*,
   Japan,South
Korea,Russia*,Taiwan,India,Pakistan,Egypt,Kenya,Mozambique*,Zimbabwe,
   Swaziland,Seth
Efrica*,Lesotho,Angola,UK,Spain,France,Portugal,East Germany
**       West
Germany,Holland,Italy,Yugoslavia*,Greece,Turkey,Romania,Hungary,
   Poland,
Czechslovakia,Bulgaria,Columbia,Peru,Chile,Argentina*,Brazil,Canada,
   United States,Mexico,Guatamala,ElSalvador,Panama
   *  = arrested for train photography in these countries.
   ** = deported for train photography

Regards

GT