Re: Questions, Answers and Tips

Eric Cartman wrote in message <38f40524@news.iprimus.com.au>...
>Hi all
My answers:
Q) What is your ausrail name?  A) Sometimes that above (especially when
criticising my income stream), sometimes my complete real name.
Q) What is your A/S/L? (age/gender/location)  A) 53/male/Kogarah NSW
Q) Do you have ICQ and/or a website?  A) No.  A website would be nice, but
hard work.
Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?  A) Pentax MZ50,
Ricoh XR-10.  There's a 8mm video in a cupboard somewhere (last foucssed on
a Pmr near Geraldton in 1996).
Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?  A) Colour slide.
Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as SillyRail,
Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in electric train
areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)  A) only Terrorgraph
Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?  A) Never drive against the
train
Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?  A) 40 years this year
(started with P.1543 at Bondi Junction)
Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in Australia? A)
all except Norfolk Island and Cocos Island
Q) Have you photographed overseas trains?  A) Only preserved stuff
(including the F Market Line and MBTA's Mattapan high-speeed trolley).

Now some more questions that might be in your questionnaire:

Q) Is your principal interest i) current freight trains ii) urban transit
iii) social history iii) engineering history iv) blaming everything on a
Political Party?
A) Urban transit (like OT why does Gladesville STA fleet no. 2214 have
plates m/o9188).
Q)  Do you read aus.rail to learn things or to reply with your superior
knowledge?
A)  yes.
Q)  Do you have an employment or similar relationship with a railway / urban
transit operator?
A)  that's why there is a pseudonym.
Q)  When you post idiocies like "V sets are best" or "Steamrail headboards
are terrible", do you think anyone cares?
A)  I don't post stupid uninformed slogans more than once a week.

Rgds