Re: [NSW] Friday dramas

Hubert Lam wrote:

> "Michael Kurkowski" <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
> 8F11D230AtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F11D230AtelstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> > Ben said in message <38F06453.2E05352B@yahoo.com>, I therefore quote:

> > >Just on that topic, What do others such as OD and ONL stand for/mean?
> >
> > NSW
> > ---
> > G set
> > -----
>
> the O is there to distinguish it from a "T" set, probably stands for outersuburban
>
> > OD = Driving Trailer
> > ON = Non controlling motor
> > ONL = Non controlling motor, with "L"oo ("L"avatory?)
> >
> > T set
> > -----
> >

> see G set
>
> > C set
> > -----
> > C = controlling motor
> > T = trailer (motorless)
> >

> > K set
> > -----
> > C = controlling motor
> > T = trailer
> > D = driving trailer (Some K's have these don't they? Newcastle sets?)
> >

> Yes. D4096 on K3

I thought...
K1 = 3501/4096
K2 = 3502/4097
K3 = 3503/4098
K4 = 3504/4099

> > V set
> > -----
> > Don't even go there!!
> >

> DTM, DIM, DKM --note there is no DMM or DJM (all of these are motor cars)

Wrong.

Motor Cars:
DCM, DIM, DJM, DKM, DTM
DTM is permanently coupled to a DTD in a 2 car set, numbered in the V9x series.

> DJT, DMT, DIT, DMT

Wrong.

Trailer Cars:
DMT, DCT, DIT, DKT,
I think there may have been another, but think of it.

Driving Trailers:
DTD - Permanently coupled to a DTM.

All the DTMs I have seen have been converted from DCMs.

DCMs and DIMs are camshaft motor cars.
DJMs and DKMs are chopper motor cars.
DKMs and DKTs have a different external appearance.
DMTs are crap, with the clapped out A/C, different window arrangement and poor internal lighting.  They
were driving trailers at one stage in their pitiful lives.
DCTs and DITs are similar in appearance to DCMs and DIMs but they are trailer cars.

There are no DJTs.  There are DJMs.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au