Re: [Vic] Alamein Line

This is also the origin of HOLMESGLEN and CARNEGIE on the circa 1965
destination rolls. It was once proposed to terminate at these stations so
shoppers could connect to Chadstone Shopping Centre via existing bus
services. (Ventura's 700 service, Box Hill to Mordialloc)(Shave Bus Service,
Glen Waverley to St Kilda, etc, etc.) A well served area for buses. This
plan never became reality after the duplication of the Glen  Waverley line.
However, I never discovered a satisfactory reason for including HOLMESGLEN
on the Comeng destination rolls when they entered traffic. No crossover was
ever put in at Holmesglen, and eventually the Comeng rolls gave up
Holmesglen in favour of WARRAGUL. Carnegie was a short lived terminus on the
rolls, I do not recall a scheduled service to Carnegie. Expresses to
Carnegie, yes, but no terminates.

Chris Parnell

38EFD666.ADB91A13@werple.net.au">news:38EFD666.ADB91A13@werple.net.au...