Re: Redfern derailment - rails rusted through???

To be fair I often see track walkers around the Redfern area.  I saw a few
the other day in Sydney Yard.  Interestingly , this is not  the first
derailment in the Redfern engine dive.  I recall many years ago a green C38
derailed on the catch points with the tender coming to rest on its side up
against the wall near the points onto the main line. The deep scratch marks
on the retaining wall can be still clearly seen. When was this, probably pre
1960.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

01bfa134$97603820$44a70ccb@keithm.commslab.gov.au">news:01bfa134$97603820$44a70ccb@keithm.commslab.gov.au...