Re: [NSW] Train Describer System

Before i was an Enfield Guard I was in fact a Signalman at Sydenham
dedicated to working the Train Describer equipment. It was essentially
pretty easy the dailey program display the number of the train it expected
to see per the time table, provided this was correct we would push the
accept button (3 x accept buttons, Bankstown Line, Illawarra Main and
Illawarra Suburban). If a freight train arrived or LE's ex Delec or M/T cars
ex the XPT Depot turned up we would have to manually put the train number
into the equipment. If we balls it up we could retrieve train numbers
provided the train had not passed St Peters otherwise we would have top tell
Sydney Box about the foul up.

--
Marc Hunt
(ex-Enfield Guard0