Re: Interesting Empty Movement Through Petrie [Qld]

I can't confirm the why but the previous Sunday (26/03/00) a 12 car train
passed through Petrie on the down and consisted of 2 x SMUs + 2 x EMUs on an
empty movement.  The time was 1824 and it immediately followed the 1817
Petrie (ex city) - Caboolture service.

Chris

Dean Stalker <dstalker2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
38e7d362$0$6519@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:38e7d362$0$6519@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi all,
>
> I was waiting at Petrie railway station for my lift home on Sunday night
and
> noticed an empty EMU movement passing through about 6.45pm. Instead of
being
> just a six-car set, it was a 12-car EMU set (4 EMUs together) making it a
> rare occurance on the North Coast line. I'm guessing it was due to the
line
> closures on Sunday Night between Petrie and Caboolture and they were
> stabling a few extra EMUs at Caboolture for the morning services. Can
anyone
> confirm that?
>
> ---
> Dean A Stalker